Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life...


Well, Remember Track 3 from Illmatic with the jazzy sample, the catchy hook, and the most ominous meaning... Yea that's how I'm feeling right about now. Thanks to this fucked up economy, this fucked up government, and some fucked up timing on my part, my futures looking real cloudy. First I fucked up my grades over the summer when I decided to take 3 classes and fucked my GPA, dropping it below. Well, you might say, 'ohhh whats the big deal, you GPA is below 3, its not the end of the world'. The problem is I really on schoolarships to cover whats left to pay after I've recieved all the grants from financial aid. Now most of these schoolarships depend on a GPA above 3, so there goes 6,000 dollars out the drain. To make matters worse, with this fucked up economy and government slashing money on spending for education, I'm now even more fucked. My Financial Aid Grants were cut by just over 1,000 dollars while tuition still increased, and now with this fucked up Economy theres no way I can get a Private Loan to cover the 7,500 I need to pay January to Continue School in the Fall. Life really sucks right about now, I wish I could just 7,000 dollars of those 700 billion being given out. To me the only silver lining in that is that now they'll be able to control the paychecks of those greedy CEO, but I need a real solution to my Problems, any Advice, Information, or Help would be useful, Thanks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you gone on over to Sallie Mae yet? Does the school have on-campus jobs that could help you catch a break on tuition? If you had a stafford loan (I know loans suck) and a part time job during school, could you swing it?

JDR said...

Unfortunately, I have been over to Sallie Mae, and I've been denied for a loan. I've already taken out a stafford loan and a stafford plus loan. The real problem is that they are only currently meeting 80% of my need right now. I also have a work study job, but my math is still coming up short. These past few days I got creative and moved somethings around, but that only buys me time until next August, and by then I'll be paying alot more then what I owe now, but I'm hoping I get lucky. Thanks for the tip though.

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathies on the financial aid issues. School is kicking my ass too (financially), and the money I earn from the jobs I work on campus does not even begin to cover the balance I owe. I'm planning to graduate in 3.5 years instead of 4 to save a semester's worth of tuition, but between now and then only time will tell.